Energy management is about more than just using clean or renewable energy. It is also about reducing the total amount of energy our glass decorating facilities actually need and use.
At Decotech we are constantly improving our glass decorating processes and techniques to reduce the energy needed to get the job done. Reducing our energy requirements has as great, or greater, an impact on the environment as does buying energy from renewable sources.
Decotech has measurable energy reduction goals in place that are shared by all our employees. Our combined facility energy management efforts include the following:
- Running a four-day manufacturing work-week to instantly eliminate almost 20% of our prior energy needs.
- Upgrading the glass decorating equipment in our facility to ensure we are making use of the most energy efficient glass decorating technology available on the market.
- Weatherizing all facilities to prevent energy loss and inefficiency throughout the year.
- Installing motion sensors on every light fixture in the facility, which allows for rooms to only be lit when they are in use.
- Using aggressive energy management settings on all equipment in our facility, when feasible.
Our Waste-to-Energy program is another avenue by which our glass decorating facilities achieve our energy management goals. Waste-to-Energy management has many benefits not only to our operations, but also to the community and environment around us.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says Energy-from-Waste facilities generate power “with less environmental impact than almost any other source of electricity.”
- Waste-to-Energy is the most responsible means of solid waste disposal available today.
- This approach to waste management greatly reduces the volume of waste and greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional landfill disposal.
Statements taken from the Covanta website.
Working With Decotech Inc.
At Decotech, we aim to be a model of responsible capitalism by providing dignified work, embodying socially and environmentally responsible business practices, committing to continuous improvement and producing things that add beauty to the world.
We have the unmatched ability to coordinate the manufacturing and decoration of our clients’ glassware at the most advanced glass decorating facility of its kind. With our unique glass sourcing and management services, Decotech can shorten your total lead time to a matter of weeks, compared to other suppliers who can take months to deliver a decorated, finished product. Learn more about the benefits of partnering with Decotech for your glass packaging decoration needs.
At Decotech, we aim to be the “State of the Art in the Art of Decorating” for the global prestige fragrance, cosmetic, tabletop, liquor and giftware markets. Decotech has a long history of industry-leading innovation, and today we have access to the most unique and cutting-edge glass packaging decoration techniques and technologies in the industry. Learn more about the innovative glass decoration techniques we can bring to your project.
Decotech is dedicated to excellence, leadership and stewardship in everything we do. As part of this mission, we are committed to protecting the environment around us as well as the health and safety of our employees and members of the communities in which we work and live. Learn more about our commitment to the environment and the recognition we’ve received for reducing our environmental impact.
For close to half a century, Decotech has provided glass packaging decoration services for the finest fragrance, cosmetic, tabletop and giftware houses in the world. At Decotech, we are confident that we can help you make your packaging vision a reality. Get started on your next packaging project by contacting Decotech today. Call us at 201.569.1900 or fill out our online contact form to learn how we can provide solutions for your glass packaging needs.