All of our decorating techniques are environmentally safe and they consistently pass the most demanding product compatibility and adhesion tests posed by our clients’ challenging new products.
We continually seek out unique and cutting-edge decorating techniques to master and offer to our clients for their beautiful products in an increasingly demanding environment.
No longer do our clients have to settle for the limitations imposed by traditional vacuum metallization. Our custom-designed state-of-the-art metallization line has many advantages over old-school vacuum metallization including:
- Translucent metallization. For the first time, you have total control over how solid or translucent your metallic finish will be. Choose from a totally solid metal coating to a spectacular sheer translucent metal finish. The translucent metallic finish must be seen to appreciate its beauty.
- True metallic gradients. Our metallization process allows you to create true gradient fades that used to be impossible to achieve. Fade from top down, bottom up, or both. The resulting look is incredible.
- Combine multiple metallic colors, fades, and opacity levels on the same piece. Create a look that cannot be replicated.
- Textures in the metal. Create metal textures that simulate a variety of looks such as water drops, metallic crackle finish, metallic embossed lettering, designs, and more.
- Eco-friendliness. We employ a closed-loop waste management system in which waste generated by the system is returned to the material supplier and re-processed to create new raw materials. This feature was critical in order to comply with Decotech’s commitment to environmental sustainability and our documented Zero-Waste-to-Landfill policy.
- Metallize glass, plastic, aluminum and other substrates on the same production line for spectacular results.
Our many years of screen-printing experience allow us to decorate some of the most sophisticated and beautiful pieces on the market today. Some of the many features that distinguish Decotech’s screen printing expertise include:
- Using zero-VOC UV inks, environmentally safe organic colors and precious metals such as gold and palladium
- Holding perfect zero-tolerance registration for items with multiple colors or prints that require precise placement
- Printing 360 degree seamless artwork around circular bottles.
- Printing translucent colors without tonal variation
- Decorating tapered and conical jars, bottles and glasses 360 degrees without distortion
Pad Printing is an effective way to decorate items with difficult surfaces that cannot be screen printed. Some features of our Pad Printing technology include:
- Achieving perfect registration on all colors every time.
- Applying print decoration over difficult curved and angled surfaces where screen printing won’t work.
- Multi-color inline decorating with solid colors or half-tones to achieve four-color process.
After half a decade of research and development Decotech has mastered the art of digital printing on glass. Until now, no company has been able to make their digital printing survive our industry standard product resistance and adhesion testing. Decotech’s proprietary digital printing process is guaranteed to pass the most demanding industry testing.
We have already put several items in the marketplace using our digital printing technique. Be among the first to take advantage of this industry-leading cutting-edge decorating technique. Our digital printing capabilities include:
- Four-color-process decoration for spectacular translucent and opaque photo-realistic effects
- Reverse printing to show your image correctly from both the front and back of the bottle
- Single color and multi-color gradients that are impossible to achieve with screen printing or pad printing
- Halftone effects you can only dream of without digital technology
Our unique Hot Stamping technology allows us to break through decoration limitations created by irregular surfaces and organic spray coatings. Our Hot Stamping capabilities include:
- Custom foil color matching for any metallic color you select.
- No minimum order quantities on custom foil color.
- Decorating with gold, silver and other metallic colors over organic spray coated bottles, frosted bottles and regular flint bottles.
- Applying non-metallic, multi-colored artwork over irregular surfaces not achievable with traditional decorating technology.
- Using hologram patterns, brushed metallic finishes and many more unique and beautiful finishes not achievable with other decorating techniques.
With our state of the art spray coating technology and materials, Decotech can achieve color combinations, finishes and textures that make any bottle a spectacular work of art. Unique features of Decotech’s spray coating technologies include:
- Creating incredible textured finishes such as ‘soft touch,’ and ‘leather’
- Isolating spray colors to specific panels on the bottle, adding beautiful dimension to the decoration
- Applying masks to create clear ‘dropped out’ sections on sprayed bottles
- Achieving specialty looks such as metallic, luster or pearled finishes in any color
- Spraying translucent, opaque and frosted finishes as well as color gradations and fades
- Spraying up to 12 different colors in-line, achieving complex spray coating finishes cost effectively
Our environmentally safe frosting technology can be used on its own or in combination with our other advanced decorating techniques to give your bottles a unique and elegant look and feel. Frosting is a proven technique for giving your bottle a soft, velvety touch. Some distinctive capabilities acquired over decades of experience include:
- Applying any type of decoration over the frosting including spray coating, screen-printing, hot stamping and decaling.
- Using masking to create clear ‘dropped out’ sections on frosted bottles.
- Giving colored and opal glass an incredibly soft satiny feel.
- Frosting glass in a responsible manner that respects our employees’ health and the health of our community and environment
This beautiful technique brings an additional dimension of beauty to the elegant effect that frosting or spray coating provides to your package. The look can be truly spectacular. Some of the effects that can be created with Masking include:
- Creating transparent, dropped-out patterns on the frosted or sprayed bottle.
- Opening a ‘window’ into a frosted or sprayed bottle where the artwork can be viewed from both the outside and the inside of the bottle.
- Building depth of decoration by printing selectively over masked sections to create the feeling of movement in the design.
Plaques provide a height, dimension and texture that other decorating techniques do not. We can apply plaques supplied by the client or we can provide the plaques for you. Distinctive features of our Plaque and Gluing technologies include:
- Applying plaques to sunken panels as well as perfectly flat surfaces without slippage or ‘floating’ out of position.
- Using the perfect adhesive technology for your plaque to guarantee that the plaque will not fall off or come unglued.
- Creating two-tone or multi-color plaques as well as adding textures and unique finishes not achievable with other decorating techniques.
This technique allows us to “do the impossible.” With Chromography you can put your bottle in a class by itself with eye-catching, one-of-a-kind designs that cannot be recreated by anyone else. Some of the distinguishing features found with Chromography include:
- Decorating over “impossible” curves and angles that no other decorating technique can match, including over the shoulder, around sharp corners and over spherical surfaces.
- Making your artwork appear exactly the same from the front or the back of the bottle with our reverse-imaging technique.
- Using organic and lead-free ceramic colors for intricate multi-color and halftone artwork.
- Applying precious metals such as gold and palladium over the same “impossible” surfaces.
When your product demands the most precise and demanding labeling application Decotech is the place for you. Our labeling technology provides the following:
- Precise position registration every time.
- Smooth wrapping around multiple bottle walls, including 90 degree angles
- Application free of bubbles and wrinkles